16 September 2012

Exclusive interview with tiny little car and smallest caravan owner in Sweden

Exclusive interview with the owner of Sweden's smallest, tiny little car and smallest caravan owner Philip Forss.

What car is it, and how big is the engine, etc.?

The car is a 1970 mini (but as you can see its shortened) it was done bya a previous owner 12 years ago before the Swedish authorities made registartion changes. As far as I know its the smallest registered car in Sweden and it is allowed to use as an ordenary car without excemptions. I have installed a tow bar witch I am allowed to tow up to 400Kg

The engine is e newly overhauled 1275cc engien with a S-cam, SU carborator & the cylinderliners are enlagend, so its a mean little beast but the handeling of it is like a go cart.

Who built caravan, and how many can sleep in it, etc.?

I have been looking for a suitable caravan since I got it last spring and finally found a company that hand build caravans. They have many different models & sizes but I when for the extreme on with Alpine TV/DVD Touchscreen USB (you name it) furthermore it was equiped wich a kitchen etc. Their webpage can be found on www.camp-runner.com. You will easily sleep 2 adults in it and I also bought a 9m2 specially designated tent to the caravan.

This masterpice (according to me is priceless) and I have put down many hours & alot of money to get it like I want it. The only problem I encountered now is that legaly I am only allowed to tow a maximum weight of 400Kg and the maximum allowed weight on the caravan is 750 (but its only a set value) so when I get home I will try to re-register it to make it fully legal.

How did you get the idea that you would make this fun and crazy project?

I found the car for sale on Blocket.se (like E-bay) and imediatly I saw it I wanted it badly and the idea of having a caravan behind it struck me he he he.


How long have you been working on your mini car and caravan?

I work offshore and promised the guy that I would come and pick it up once I got home and so I did I drove it home in 9 deg ha ha but it was a pleassure drive.


What is your plan with this small car and mini caravan project?

My intention with this is actually promotion/ads you name it. Just the car itself causes trafic jams and many smiling faces and now with the caravan its even more.


Do you sell your rig, and if so, what will it cost me to buy it?
It is not for sale. But If you would like the caravan and car is located in Helsingborg and a photo shoot is awailable (could be fun to do with some hot swedish girls perhaps)


I hope you not forget to press the share button on this post, so that all your nice friends also get the opportunity to take advantage of this.

2 comments:

Remember you are personally responsible for your comments that you write and leave here. So keep a nice and good tone for everyone's comfort. And thanks in advance for your posts and your participation here.

If you wish to contact me, you can reach me easiest and quickest on my e-mail address on swede@2b4y.com